Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Deal Hunting Journey

My husband, Joseph, and I have been married for 5 years. We have two beautiful daughters, ages 4 and 1 1/2. In September of 2007, we decided to start on an exciting, fun, and stressful journey of being self-employed. Let me emphasize the STRESSFUL part. Being your own boss has many great benefits but with it comes a lot of stress.

We have been incredibly blessed over the last year, however, we still have a lot of kinks to work out to really get up and going and lessen the stress a little bit. About six weeks ago, while I was looking through blogs, I read (for the second time) about something called The Grocery Game. I had no idea what it was and so I googled it. It is a website that helps you match sales and coupons to get the best deals possible. I was amazed at what kind of deals you could get. Where in the world had this information been the last 5 years of my married life????

Since I started doing this, I have learned a ton about using coupons and finding great deals. In my opinion, information is even better when you share it with others. I decided to start this blog to help others out there who are hunting for a great deal. I will post about the deals that I get every week, information for finding coupons and deals, and also link to other blogs who post about weekly deals at different stores. I would love for this blog to be interactive, so I hope that in time other people will share the deals they find and help spread the information about great deals.

If you know of any deals or would like to contribute to the blog, please email me at greatdealhunting (at) gmail (dot) com. I look forward to hearing from you!

Happy deal hunting!!

1 comment:

Jake & Lisa Danes said...

Glad that I am the first to comment and that you are doing this blog. Thanks for sharing the info!